MDC / MDC-X Downloads, Documentation & FAQ
Online Video Tutorials
Main Link to all of our Webinars and Video Tutorials. Those video trainings cover all of your products.
More than three hours of free training sessions: Training Dynamic Projection Institute on YouTube
Featured videos from our trainingchannel:
MDC-X / MDC-Touch Manuals
- MDC-X Quick Installation Guide
Download: MDC-X Quick Installation Guide 1.0.8
- MDC-Touch Manual
Download: MDC-Touch Manual 1.0.4
- MDC-X DatasheetDownload: MDC-X Spec-Sheet
- MDC-X DMX Fixture chart
Download: MDC-X fixture chart
MDC-X / MDC / MDC-Touch Updates
Download: MDC-X 89.6 Update (~320MB)– 22.11.2018/d3623b1 (md5sum: d1c1d9ad4588dc5d09461e683fbbe29c)
Install: Download the .deb package, copy it on to the MDC-X system and double click it; choose “install package”. You can find the password for the installation in the MDC-X QIG on page 15, same as for remote connections. After the installation has been finished you have to reboot the system! After the reboot you will find the version number directly on the MDC-Launcher Version Screenshot.
In order to be able to update to Version 89.6 you have to meet the following requirements:
- Your MDC-X hardware must be at least a DH170 Series – see the serial number at the bottom of your device; it must start with DH170******* . 32bit systems (DS81/DS87)are no longer supported.
- You have to have at least the update MDC-X Update Version 89-2016-08-05 installed (password for the zip: mdcxupdate). If your system was bought after Sep 2016 you should be able to update to the latest version without any troubles.
- Every version above 89.1 is able to update directly to the latest version. You will find your version at the login screen of MDC-Touch in the lower left corner or on the status page of MDC-Touch at the lowest left corner of the page.
- WARNING: Do not update a working system/installation unless you have to. Lots of new features and settings can change the appearance of your installation; or even break it.
Package 89.06 changelog MDC-Touch: Overhaul of texts and lables improofed setup page Better status information Fixed minor issues MDC-OS / Launcher: RS232 Input and Output Easy Audio extract for media Improved Art-Net backend Mirror Heads will always be turned (Motors/LED) on when a project/show starts. Fixes of minor issues MDC: Big performance boost Fixed stability issues Removed deprecated FX backend New "Live Mode"/"Preview Mode" (F9) in the UI Edit mode toggle (F8) improved media handling Improved perspective mode
MDC Trial Version for Windows 7/8/10 (32/64bit)
- MDC Trial Version Download: MDC Trial for Windows
- MDC-Windows Network Setup Guide: Windows Network Setup Guide
Mirror Head DMX fixture for QLC+
- Download the QLC+ DMX fixture: Mirror Head DMX fixture
(Must be installed into the QLC fixture directory!)
MDC-X DMX fixture for QLC+
- Download the QLC+ DMX fixture: MDC-X DMX fixture
- MDC-X DMX Fixture chart:MDC-X fixture chart
(Must be installed into the QLC fixture directory!)
Mirror Head ArtNet control examples
- Download the Mirror Head ArtNet control examples. This programs show how to control the Mirror Head by ArtNet using Python: MirrorHead ArtNet Examples on GitHub
MDC-X BIOS Manual
- Download the MDC-X DH170 BIOS manual. DO NOT ALTER THE BIOS SETTINGS UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.MDC-X DH170 BIOS Manual
MDC-X FAQ – MDC-X ? MDC ? MDC-Touch ? What is what?
General MDC-X FAQ
MDC Control Software offers key features such as: Media manipulation, geometric corrections, seamless transformations, Show Presets and DMX / Art-Net control.
Images and videos can easily be arranged on screen using projection maps.
Customers can create perfectly designed perspective projection mappings, picture-in-picture presentations and animations or just do simple cropping and alignment using their own media content.
The show engine is controlled by a Timeline and/or Presets. Remote show control is also possible using OSC or DMX (DMX remote control is not available under Win32)
The MDC-X Media Server is a state of the art combination of hardware and software (MDC Control Software) to control the Mirror Head
Out of the box, our system is ready-to-use.
We offer customers an industry approved highly optimized Linux Operating System.
Commercial campaigns or corporate communication tasks can individually and creatively be assembled into shows using the MDC-X Media Server.
With the MDC-X Media Server, content can easily and readily be transferred to the Mirror Head for projection, no matter where the input comes from.
Built- in functions include: show automatization, a time scheduler, remote control options and many more.
MDC-Touch allows customers to remotely control the MDC-X Media Server using any device that has a browser (e.g. smartphones, tablets or desktop computers).
No installation of any software or application is needed.
With one click, customers can start and stop shows as well as playlists.
Customers can have previews of all media content with thumbnails.
Turning a projector on and off can also be done using the MDC-Touch.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us!